How to register?
– Go to our iRegister Cork Harbour Cycle event page https://www.iregister.ie/v2/events/cork-harbour-cycle-2/
– Select either the 40km/100km route and hit PROCEED; Allow 1 or 2 minutes for the form to appear
– Fill out the registration form (please ensure the address you give is your current postal address so that you receive your information pack) and hit PROCEED TO PAYMENT OPTIONS
– Enter your payment details, careful to check that all your billing information is correct, including the billing address. Click PROCEED TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION
– Shortly after this you will receive a confirmation email from iRegister of your purchase and your ticket
-In the coming day or two you will also receive an email for activating an optional fundraising page on idonate.ie, if you’d like to use such a page click ACTIVATE, now you can share the page with family and friends wishing to donate.
– Soon you will receive your information pack. (if you do not receive this before one week prior to the cycle please contact us immediately at email@example.com or 0214806425)
What time does the cycle start?
-100km cycle bunch start at 8.30am
-40km cycle start at your leisure anytime between 8.30am and 10.00am
-all cyclist must arrive 30 mins before they wish to start so that they can check-in and receive the relevant info and free reflectors
What happens on the day?
–Arrival at Kennedy Quay 30mins before your start time, with your cycle ticket, emailed on registration, and route map (the route will also have direction signs)
–Prepare yourself; put on your helmet
–Start cycle starts at 8.30am for 100km cycle and anytime between 8.30-10.00am for 40km cycle
–Watch out for the signs and stewards along the way
–Be aware of walkers, dogs and cars. The route will take you along cycleways shared with walkers and along a certain amount of busy roads
–40km route returns by Glenbrook ferry. 100km route continues around Greater Harbour Route before returning on Glenbrook ferry.
–Enjoy the beautiful scenery that surrounds Cork Harbour and beyond
–Finish the cycle by collecting your Cork Harbour Cycle 2018 Certificate!
What items to remember on the day?
-iRegister ticket (from the email you received when you made the reservation)
-puncture repair kit (to avoid Murphy’s law)
-rain jacket/ sunglasses (it is Ireland we live in after all)
-Something warm for after the cycle
Working for a large business organisation? Make my money go further
-Most large businesses will offer matching funds, its good for their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) and it can often double the funds you have raised!
-Usually signing up only involves emailing the relevant office (HR) to get a short form to fill out details of how much you raised, for what and for who.
Where is my money going & how can I fundraise?
Your “registration fee” is treated as a donation. The Cork Harbour Cycle is our biggest annual fundraiser so we encourage people to fundraise as much as possible. Once you have registered you will receive an email for activating an optional personalised fundraising page that you can share with friends and family. If you would like this, click ACTIVATE in your email and we will notify you once it is active. Any more questions with these please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Africa Direct is a totally voluntary run organisation.. no paid staff…with very few over heads, meaning over 90% of funds raised will be going directly to our African partners to support them to alleviate poverty in Africa. You can find out more about our partners and their work HERE